If you or any one in your family has limited mobility, getting around your home can be challenging. Thankfully, there are home improvements that can be done to help with this. In this post, the leading design-build firm in Texas discusses these improvements.
- A walk-in shower or a walk-in tub will be beneficial for those who have trouble lifting their feet up.
- Grab bars in crucial areas in the bathroom can help prevent slips and falls.
- Lowered sink and countertops in the bathroom make it accessible for those who are in wheelchairs.
- For homeowners using wheelchairs, their kitchen remodel may include lowering of sinks and countertops and removing cabinets to make them more accessible.
- For those who have limited movement of their hands, touch-sensitive faucets can be installed.
- Widening of the doors and hallways will make entry and exit easier for those using a wheelchair.
- Grab bars can also be placed in strategic places.
- Replacing door knobs with door handles can make opening the door easier.
- Installing swing-away or offset door hinges can make rooms more accessible.
- Wheelchair access ramps can be placed in front of doorways.
- The first floor of the home can be modified to enable one-floor living.
At Fort Bend Builders, we understand that every situation is different. We can retrofit your home according to your needs to allow for greater freedom and comfort in your home for years to come. We are a tried and tested design-build firm, so you can be sure that our process is more efficient. We also do whole home remodel, kitchen and bathroom remodel, room additions, and outdoor living spaces.
For your home remodeling needs, give us a call at (713) 714-1343. We serve clients in Sugarland, Tx and nearby communities.